The property is located 400 meters above sea level and enjoys a cool climate in the hot Sorrento summers. The owners have maintained over the decades the agricultural vocation of the land with fruit trees and vegetables.
Along the Nastro Verde, the road that connects Sorrento with the hill of Sant'Agata sui Due Golfi, there is an ancient farmhouse completely surrounded by greenery, transformed by the passion of the owners into a charming rustic villa that inspires rest and enjoyment in the nature.
The entrance shaded by a grape pergola invites the visitor to enjoy a peaceful atmosphere. The cellar with the barrels for winemaking and the external walls in gray tuff set the complex in an agricultural atmosphere.
Villa Mellicata has a large living room whose walls are in blocks of tuff left exposed on which a freshly sketched landscape fresco is painted, the white curtains and armchairs of Harrods in London contribute to creating a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere.
The villa has 4 cozy bedrooms with private bathroom furnished with local and French furniture purchased over the years during travels and classic paintings on the walls.
The kitchen is fully equipped with traditional wood stove with modern Alpes Inox elements; the walls covered in decorated tiles are adorned with ancient pans and casseroles.
A huge lawn extends from the patio. A large fabric awning adjoins the Villa an outdoor lounge with wicker chairs and white cushions. The area can be used for lunches or dinners in the garden. From this area there is access to the little brick house and the tree house. The large pool area is surrounded by greenery, among flowers and walnut trees. The area intended for cultivation extends towards the sea and is crossed by a central walkway that allows easy access. The organic cultivation of vegetables and fruit has continued for over 100 years.
The property, the owners' summer residence, has hosted international personalities in the past, including the great etoile of international dance, Carla Fracci with Carlo Menegatti; Alan Ford, former US president with the US ambassador to Italy, Peter Secchia; the actress Claudia Cardinale with the director Pasquale Squitieri.
In a rich and varied orchard alternated with an intense hazelnut grove, enriched by a green lawn under a shady tree, the atmosphere of the city is forgotten and the healthiness of the environment allows for a positive and relaxing rest.
Il Casolare has:
• 4 double or twin bedrooms, each with its own private bathroom (8 + 1 beds)
• Large living room with dining room of 60 square meters.
• Large kitchen equipped with burners, electric ovens, microwaves
• Phone line
• Free WiFi Internet
• A / C and heating in every room
• Washing machine and dishwasher
• Not suitable for people with reduced mobility
• Small pets allowed up to 6 kg. For larger sizes on request
• Cellar with a selection of wines available to customers (à la carte)
• Bottaro for processing and storage of wine and local products
• Swimming pool and solarium area
• Private parking
• Dining area in the garden
• Outdoor kitchen area with wood oven and BBK
• Children's area with enchanted house and tree house
• Fine bed linen and towels provided